Lemon Meringue Pie
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 55 min
Serves: 1 Pie
- 1 packet Tennis biscuits
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 125ml (½ cup) lemon juice
- 150g margarine (or butter)
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- Melt the margarine.
- Crush the Tennis biscuits until finely crumbled and add the margarine.
- Press into pie dish and place in the fridge.
- Pour condensed milk into a mixing bowl.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the condensed milk and stir till well blended.
- Add lemon juice and stir until it thickens.
- Pour over the biscuit crust.
- Combine the egg whites and castor sugar and beat until stiff (+/-15 minutes).
- Pour it over the lemon curd.
- Bake at 140°C for 30 – 40 minutes.