Semi Sweet Chocolate Mousse
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Total Time: 20 min
Serves: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whipped cream and raspberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with water; stir until smooth.
- Stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool, stirring several times.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and raspberries if desired.