Fried Egg Sandwhich
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 8 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce for serving
- Preheat the broiler.
- Put 4 of the cheese slices on each piece of bread and put them on a baking sheet, cheese side up. Slide the pan under the broiler. Let the cheese melt while you cook the egg, but keep an eye on the broiler, because the cheese can burn fast.
- While the cheese is melting, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. After about 20 seconds, crack the egg into the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and let the egg sit until the white sets completely. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove the melted cheese toasts from the broiler and slide onto a plate. Using a spatula, place the egg, sunny-side up, on one of the toasts. Top with the other cheese toast, cheese side down. Eat immediately.