World Egg Day is a day the egg industry uses to spread the benefits our amazing product can offer you through each stage
of human development.
Let’s celebrate World Egg Day on the 12th of October with a DOZEN reasons:
- Before Birth: Proteins are the building blocks of life. Full of essential nutrients, eggs contribute to healthy foetal development.
- Child’s Play: A high quality source of protein is vital in childhood. Every sell in the human body contains protein which is needed in our diets in order to generate new cells. Eggs provide a complete food solution that supports healthy brain development in young children and improves concentration levels at school.
- Working Hard: Into adulthood – not only do eggs build protein and repair tissue, they are also essential for making enzymes and hormones. Having an egg rich diet will make you feel fuller for longer.
- Healthier for Longer: Egg protein helps repair body tissue as we grow older and are essential for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin and blood.
- Giving children just one egg a day for 6 months, together with a reduced sugar diet, may help them achieve a healthy height an prevent stunting.
- In proportion to the calorie count of eggs, the provide 12% of the Daily Value for protein and a wide variety of other nutrients such as vitamin A, B6, B12, folate, iron, phosphorus and zinc.
- Eggs can be eaten any time of the day.
- If you are looking to shed some pounds, studies have shown that an increase in protein and reduction in carbohydrates can stabilize blood sugar which can lead to reduced, in-between meal snacking.
- Eggs contain all 9 essential amino acids, which is why the World Health Organization (WHO) uses egg protein as the gold standard for evaluating protein in other foods.
- Eggs contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin which prevents macular degeneration – playing a crucial role in eye health.
- The cholesterol found in eggs aren’t all that negative. Cholesterol plays and important part in your body. It is a structural molecule that is essential to every cell membrane.
- Eggs are an unbeatable package when it comes t versatility, top quality protein at a very affordable price. They are an excellent source of choline, are convenient to prepare and taste terrific – there is just no competition.